Thanks for your interest in the Diversity Minor! To get started, schedule an advising appointment with our academic adviser, Lorna Hamill.
To request an appointment, please use the form below. If you'd prefer, you may email your availability to the adviser (e.g. Mondays from 1-3, Tuesdays from 10-12:30, Fridays from 11-4, etc.). Advising appointments will be scheduled during regular business hours—Monday through Friday from 8-5. Note that meetings are currently by appointment only.
Here’s what you need to know before you schedule an advising appointment:
- You can meet with the advisor even if you’re a pre-major.
- You can’t officially declare the minor until you’ve been accepted into your major, but you can start taking our classes at any point. Learn more about rules and regulations.
- There are no admissions requirements for minors at UW-Seattle. As long as your major advisor signs off on the paperwork, you can declare the minor.
Here are just some of the reasons why you should schedule an advising appointment:
- You are interested in the minor and want to learn more about it
- You’d like to discuss your personal, academic, and/or career goals
- You have questions about the courses or program
- You’d like to declare the minor
- You’d like to discuss topics you’re learning about in your Diversity Minor courses
- You’re confused by your DARS report
- You’d like the advisor to check for overlap between your major and the minor
- You would like to petition for a course to apply to the minor
- You’re finished with the minor and need the advisor to sign off
- Yes, there is a separate graduation application for this minor
- You’d like to discuss post-graduation plans