Thanks for your interest in the Diversity Minor! To get started, schedule an advising appointment with one of our academic advisers: Lorna Hamill (American Ethnic Studies), Shannon Vacek (History), and Tracy Maschman Morrissey (History).
To request an appointment, please use this Google form. You will receive a confirmation email outlining the name of your adviser, time, date, and location of your appointment in 1-2 business days. Advising appointments will be scheduled during regular business hours—Monday through Friday from 9AM-5PM. Walk-in hours are offered on an as-need basis; please email email@example.com if you need advising for time-sensitive reasons.
Here’s what you need to know before you schedule an advising appointment:
- You can meet with the adviser even if you’re a pre-major.
- You can’t officially declare the minor until you’ve been accepted into your major, but you can start taking our classes at any point. Learn more about rules and regulations.
- There are no admissions requirements for minors at UW-Seattle. As long as your major adviser signs off on the paperwork, you can declare the minor.
Here are just some of the reasons why you should schedule an advising appointment:
- You are interested in the minor and want to learn more about it
- You’d like to discuss your personal, academic, and/or career goals
- You have questions about the courses or program
- You’d like to declare the minor
- You’d like to discuss topics you’re learning about in your Diversity Minor courses
- You’re confused by your DARS report
- You’d like the adviser to check for overlap between your major and the minor
- You would like to petition for a course to apply to the minor
- You’re finished with the minor and need the adviser to sign off
- Yes, there is a separate graduation application for this minor
- You’d like to discuss post-graduation plans